A Review from Student of University Of Houston Main Campus



I thought Mechanical might have better opportunities in U.S. Of course to earn money. At the time of applying for universities I assumed that Mechanical has no scope in india. But there are opportunities in India.


                   GRE- 310,TOEFL-82.
University of Houston Main Campus, Northern illinois university, Michigan Tech University,
Suny Buffalo,Texas Tech.



University of Houston Main Campus, Northern illinois university.


University of Houston Main Campus. I took advice from one of my seniors in my B.Tech college. She adviced me this university for Mechanical and this is also Tier-1 university. Also she said I may get scholarships. One more reason is the city Texas where most of the people living here are indians. 

Yes I got Instant wavier right from the first semester. I got scholarship after I reach the college as told by my senior. But for spring admits you won't get scholarship for first semester. 
No, it was my own decision. But I applied through Gummadi Consultancy Vijayawada. 
Mechanical (Fluids). This university has only one branch Mechanical related to Fluids. So I have to go for it.
3-4 days a week.
There are On Campus part time job opportunities like cashier etc.I will try to make 500 USD per month which is enough to survive in Houston. 
There are no campus placements here. 
Course structure could be better for mechanical because when I go out of Houston this subjects may not be useful. Now Oil and Gas is in recession in U.S. Share price dropped from 120 USD to 40 USD. Companies related to this stream are doing layoffs and also not taking new candidates. If I go to Michagan state there are Automobile jobs but those concepts are not there in my course. So, if i change the state opportunities are limited due to course structure. Other than this, in all other aspects I would recommend this university. Today i won’t recommend this university. Once the petroleum is good then you can definitely go for this university. If you are not looking for any Mechanical jobs, then you can happily choose this university.
90% people got placed. Most of them in IT. Job experience matters. I would say come to U.S for M.S after doing job for 2-3 years. Only few people got mechanical jobs.  
I didn't see any difference from India. Infrastructure is good. Teaching depends on Lecturer. Every one tell that Mechanical is Tough in my university.
University doesn’t provide any Internship. I applied separately and I got two internships. University will have some portals for applying. 
15-20%. 
Yes. 
Yes I will. This lifestyle doesn't suit me.
Depends on Luck and stuff in your brain. 
I didn’t face any. 
Initially I used to cook myself. There is one India restaurent on campus but I never been there. Campus is around 700 acres. 
Awesome. Almost all kind of sports are available on campus.
Yes they will I guess. I am not aware of it.

If you have any queries, comment below. Like,Share and Follow KLU GRE for more reviews. See you Next week bye.


0 comments: